click here to return to the home page
local history people and business bulletin board

 


 

The Firehouse and Social Hall

The building pictured was originally the Fire House (late 19th century). The firemans corp was comprised of volunteer firemen. They maintained a small lending library and a recreation hall, and held regular meetings. The building later housed a dentist. When Alan Barbier purchased the property around 1984, he was saving it from the wrecker's ball.

Although the building in the rear of the Social Hall had fallen down, Barbier re-built a structure on the foundation. It now houses a glass-blowing studio.

a ruberstamp of the fire companySee a Roll of Membership, 22 Sep 1887